SBHE BFC March 21, 2017
North Dakota State Board of Higher Education
Budget and Finance Committee
Meeting Notice and Agenda
March 21, 2017
The State Board of Higher Education Budget and Finance Committee will meet via conference call, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. CT. The call will originate at the North Dakota University System Office, 10th Floor NDUS Conference Room, 600 East Boulevard Ave., Bismarck, ND 58505.
Call to Order
*See supporting document
1. * # Agenda
2. * # Meeting Minutes - February 14, 2017
3. * # Recommend authorization for NDSU to proceed with a fundraising campaign
through the NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association for $28 million for the construction of an addition and partial renovation of Sudro Hall and to purchase equipment. Further request approval to seek legislative approval as an amendment to SB2003 to include construction authorization for this project not to exceed $28 million.
4. * # Recommend authorization for NDSU to proceed with the Residence Dining
Center Phase II at an estimated cost of $1,000,000 funded from auxiliary local funds.
5. * # Recommend authorization to the extent permitted by NDCC 4-05.1-19.6,
NDSU to proceed with the procurement of seed cleaning equipment for a facility to be built at the North Central REC in Minot, ND, for a cost of $750,000 (General funds). Total project authorization is $750,000 General Fund and $1,500,000 Other Funds.
6. * # Recommend authorization for Dickinson State University to proceed with May
Hall Mechanical Renovations at an estimated cost of $1,280,000 using extraordinary repair fund appropriations with required matching operating funds, and 2013-15 capital asset carryover.
7. * # Recommend authorization for Dickinson State University to proceed with
Wood's Hall Repairs at an estimated cost of $1,800,000 using auxiliary reserves and Department of Trust Land Grants.
8. * # Campus Assessments - Tammy Dolan
9. = Room, Board and Fees - Tammy Dolan
Contact Kristie Hetzler at (701) 328-2966 or Kristie.email@example.com prior to the scheduled meeting date if auxiliary aids or services are needed.