SBHE March 30, 2017
North Dakota State Board of Higher Education
Meeting Notice and Agenda
March 30, 2017
The State Board of Higher Education will meet on Thursday, March 30, at 9:00 a.m. CT, via Interactive Video (IVN) originating from Bismarck State College, National Energy Center of Excellence, Bavendick Stateroom, 1200 Schafer Street. The live video stream can be viewed at: http://www.ndus.edu/board/live-stream/.
• BSC/NECE/Bavendick Stateroom/1200 Schafer St.
• DCB/President Office/Thatcher Hall/105 Simrall Blvd.
• NDSU/President Office/1340 Administration Ave.
• UND/Information Technology Bldg/rm 142/4349 James Ray Dr.
• LRSC/Main bldg./President's office/1801 College Dr. N.
• MaSU/ President Office/Old Main rm. #113, 330 3rd St. NE.
• MiSU/Administration Bldg/2nd fl./President's Office/500 University Ave W.
• VCSU/Rhoades 101.
• NDSCS/Haverty Hall/President office (room 148)/800 North 6th St.
• WSC/Stevens Hall President Office/1410 University Ave.
Call to Order
# Action required *See supporting document + Discussion needed =Information only
- * # Agenda
- * # Minutes:
• January 26, 2017
- = Network Vulnerability Assessment Report - Mr. Eric Wallace
- * # Policy 916.1 - Possession of a Firearm or Dangerous Weapon in a Campus
Residence - Richard Rothaus
- * # Honorary Degrees - Richard Rothaus
- * # Approve the transfer of real property as described by Minot State to the North
Dakota Department of Transportation consistent with the requirements outlined in SBHE Policy 910. - President Shirley
Budget and Finance Committee Recommendations - Greg Stemen
- * # Recommend authorization for NDSU to proceed with a fundraising campaign
through the NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association for $28 million for the construction of an addition and partial renovation of Sudro Hall and to purchase equipment. Further request approval to seek legislative approval as an amendment to SB2003 to include construction authorization for this project not to exceed $28 million.
- * # Recommend authorization for NDSU to proceed with the Residence Dining
Center Phase II at an estimated cost of $1,000,000 funded from auxiliary local funds.
- * # Recommend authorization to the extent permitted by NDCC 4-05.1-19.6,
NDSU to proceed with the procurement of seed cleaning equipment for a facility to be built at the North Central REC in Minot, ND, for a cost of $750,000 (General funds). Total project authorization is $750,000 General Fund and $1,500,000 Other Funds.
- * # Recommend authorization for Dickinson State University to proceed with May
Hall Mechanical Renovations at an estimated cost of $1,280,000 using extraordinary repair fund appropriations with required matching operating funds, and 2013-15 capital asset carryover.
- * # Recommend authorization for Dickinson State University to proceed with
Wood's Hall Repairs at an estimated cost of $1,800,000 using auxiliary reserves and Department of Trust Land Grants.
- * # Campus Assessments - Tammy Dolan
Academic and Student Affairs Committee Recommendations - Don Morton
- * # BSC
• Certificate in Critical Care/Flight, CIP Code 51.0904, via distance delivery and on-campus
• Certificate in Community Paramedic, CIP Code 51.0904, via distance delivery and on-campus
- * # UND - Minor in Electrical Engineering, CIP Code 14.1001, via distance delivery
Governance Committee Update - Mike Ness
- = Update
- * # Two-year Campus Study
Audit Committee Update - Kathleen Neset
- = Update
- = Enterprise Risk Management Update - Laura Schratt
- = Strategic Plan - Goal 3, Equip Students for Success - Richard Rothaus and Ryan Jockers
- = Chancellor's Report - Chancellor Hagerott
• Chancellor Cabinet Study Update
• IT Security Initiatives
• WICHE HLS Exercise
• Envision 2030 Update
• NexusND Update
- = Legislative Update - Lisa Feldner
- = CCF - Eric Murphy
- = NDSA - Jacob Dailey
- = Staff Senate - Andy Wakeford
Assessment of Meeting and Future Agenda Items
Future Board Meeting: April 27, 2017 - Via IVN
Contact Kristie Hetzler (701) 328-2966 or Kristie.email@example.com prior to the scheduled meeting date if auxiliary aids or services are needed.