North Dakota University System
TwitterFacebook
A-Z Index
Access. Innovation. Excellence.
Colleges & Universities Academics & Activities State Board of Higher Education North Dakota University System News Reports & Information
Students
Policymakers
Business & Industry
Employees
Media
Home
News
Printer Friendly Page You are here
NDUS Home  |  News  |  Campus Happenings


Honor society recognizes top business students

Posted on 5/15/2014

A total of 38 NDSU College of Business undergraduate and graduate students can count themselves among the very best. They were accepted into the NDSU Beta Gamma Sigma chapter during the chapter's 12th annual induction ceremony April 25 in Barry Hall.

Beta Gamma Sigma is the international honor society for business programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business. It is considered the highest recognition a business student can receive at a school accredited by the association.

One faculty member and one chapter honoree also were inducted.

To earn selection, the top 10 percent of the junior class and top 10 percent of the senior class are selected, based on cumulative grade-point average. The top 20 percent of graduate students also are inducted.

According to chapter adviser Kay Hopkins, fewer than 5 percent of business programs in the world are accredited, and only the best students are selected for membership. "I hope students and their families realize that it's a very high honor to be a part of Beta Gamma Sigma," she said. "The organization itself is more than 100 years old and it's an international honor society, meaning its members have the ability to connect with fellow members all over the world."

The chapter honoree was Jim Roers, founder, president and CEO of Roers Construction, Roers Development, Roers Property Management and Keller Williams Roers Reality.

In addition, the chapter also provided a scholarship for one newly inducted member. The recipient was Jasper Asplin, an accounting major from Dassel, Minnesota.

The 2014 inductees include:

Juniors

Ashley Abraham Ke Ma

Brogan Burwick Blake Morrow

Brad Cantwell David Mueller

John Hagen Jennifer Regimbal

Timothy Hanson Kyle Roberts

Matthew Hartman Katelyn Schell

Eric Jablonsky Kimberly Sisk

Jennifer Jacobson Alexander Smith

Yazhen Li

Seniors

Jasper Asplin Andrew Richards

Yuexin Chen Heidi Sayler

Melissa Corniea Shea Steidl-Kent

Brittany Diederich Zachary Thelen

Cassandra Hatzenbuhler Chontay Mastel

Jennifer Thorson Chantel Meech

Dylan VonBank

Master of Accountancy

Jennifer Bogart

Kate Ehnert

Master of Business Administration

Brandon Baumgartner Murat Cadirci

Jason Gibb Srinivasa Murthy Giridhar

Heather Goulet Blair Kiland

Faculty

Joseph Szmerekovsky

NDSU is recognized as one of the nation's top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.


Bismarck State CollegeDakota College at BottineauDickinson State UniversityLake Region State CollegeMayville State UniversityMinot State UniversityNorth Dakota State College of ScienceNorth Dakota State UniversityUniversity of North DakotaValley City State UniversityWilliston State College
Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Disclaimer  |   Accessibility  |   Security Policy