NDSU business student named fellow of entrepreneurial summit

NDSU College of Business junior Dieumerci Christel, a management major, has been selected as a fellow for NPR’s “How I Built This Summit with Guy Raz” scheduled for Oct. 22-23 in San Francisco.

The summit gives new entrepreneurs from underrepresented communities the opportunity to network with growing professionals, listen to entrepreneurial presentations and take part in learning sessions led by successful entrepreneurs.

“I hope to learn a ton, meet awesome people and be immersed in the fast-paced and beautiful world of Silicon Valley. I’ll learn as much I as I can so I can come back and share with my community,” he said.

Christel is the founder and creator of Enlight, an app that helps teachers learn about their students so they can be more effective in their teaching.

Christel, who was born in Tanzania, said the Fargo-Moorhead community has been supportive of him as he continues his entrepreneurial journey.

“The Fargo-Moorhead community has been my resource and backbone, and they’ve helped me get where I am today. Their continuous support has been amazing, and I am so thankful for them,” he said.

As a student-focused, land grant, research university, we serve our citizens.