The North Dakota Career and Technical Education (CTE) Scholarship was created to encourage and reward high school students for taking challenging coursework in preparation for attending a college or university in North Dakota. The scholarship can be used at the North Dakota public, private and tribal colleges that have programs of study of at least 2 years in length.
Amount and Eligibility:
- The total value is $6,000; disbursed $750 per semester or $500 per quarter.
- Recipients have up to six years following high school graduation to use the scholarship.
- To qualify for a disbursement, recipients must be:
- Enrolled full time, as defined by the financial aid office at the institution. Students in their final term to graduate may still qualify for payment if not enrolled full time. Contact the NDUS at 701-328-4156 to request an override of this one-time exception to full time enrollment;
- Maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average requirement of 2.75, and
- Maintain progress toward degree completion requirements of the scholarship. Degree completion requirements means earning the following number of credits before qualifying for the next payment:
- Earn at least twenty-four (24) cumulative credits after disbursement two;
- Thirty-nine (39) cumulative credits after disbursement three;
- Fifty-four (54) cumulative credits after disbursement four;
- Sixty-nine (69) cumulative credits after disbursement five;
- Eighty-four (84) cumulative credits after disbursement six; and
- Ninety-nine (99) cumulative credits after disbursement seven.
- Qualifications: Scholarship candidates must be North Dakota resident high school seniors, have GPAs of 3.0 or higher with no grade lower than a “C” on any class required for the diploma, complete the required program of study (see high school counselor for details), and earn composite scores of 24 or higher on the ACT or score three 5s on the WorkKeys assessments. For more information about scholarships eligibility go to the Department of Public Instruction website.
- How to apply: In addition to taking the required coursework and meeting the required grade point average and testing requirements, an application is required. Please complete the application form with the ND Department of Public Instruction.