12 Aug UND’s Cara Halgren receives Outstanding Dean Award from student affairs professional association
Award to be presented during the NASPA IV-W Conference in Fargo, Oct. 28 – 30
Cara Halgren, vice president for student affairs & diversity at the University of North Dakota, has been selected as the recipient of the NASPA IV-W James J. Rhatigan Outstanding Dean Award.
This award is presented to a Senior Student Affairs Officer who has made a significant contribution to students, student affairs, and their respective campus. NASPA (Student Affairs Professionals in Higher Education) is a leading professional association for student affairs professionals.
Nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Seen as collaborative, effective, and inspirational by a range of campus constituencies
- Strategic and innovative in providing programs and services to students
- High level of competency in developing staff
- Exemplary managerial and administrative skills
- Extended length of service to student affairs profession and as Senior Student Affairs Officer
- Leadership in greater campus and community affairs
The award will be presented to Halgren during the NASPA IV-W Conference in Fargo, Oct. 28 – 30.
David L. Dodds
Director of Communications
Division of Marketing & Communications
University of North Dakota