Transfer to a Different Campus

One of many benefits of enrolling at a North Dakota University System college or university is that you may transfer easily from one campus to another through several statewide initiatives.

General Education Requirements Transfer Agreement

The General Education Requirements Transfer Agreement – or GERTA is a systemwide plan that allows you to complete general education requirements at any University System campus or North Dakota tribal college and then transfer your general education program to another institution.

Common Course Numbering

Common course numbers and titles are used to describe hundreds of courses offered by University System, tribal and private colleges that are seamlessly transferred to other participating North Dakota colleges and universities. Find out if a specific course is transferable.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are formal agreements that make it possible to maximize transferability of specific coursework when transferring to another college or university. More than 1,600 articulation agreements exist within the University System, and more than 500 agreements have been arranged with out-of-state institutions. For more information.

Plan Your Transfer with Advisors

If you plan to begin college at one campus and then transfer to another, you will want to work closely with advisors on both campuses to ensure the classes you take will transfer.


Transferring into the University System

To transfer into the University System from a non-system campus, first apply to the college or university of your choice. The campus admissions staff will work with you to evaluate your previous coursework and assist you with enrollment.

For more information, visit with your campus advisor, campus registrar or Lisa Johnson, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, 701-328-4143.