JOB FAMILY: 3310
WORKERS COMP CODE: 9062OVERTIME PAY ELIGIBILITY: Usually exempt (exempt status requires analysis documentation)
EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/99
Individuals assigned to positions in this job family are responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the management, marketing, research, analysis, conservation, and provision of service in the fields of natural or physical science.
Perform laboratory testing and analysis
- Plan and produce market research and informational materials
- Manage game and non-game wildlife and habitat
- Conduct research and data analysis
- Plan and direct regular and modified diets for patients
- Teach nutrition and diet therapy to other staff
- Implement, evaluate, and document procedures used in human dietary research
- Develop and test food processing techniques
- Conduct geological investigations
- Conduct experiments to detect harmful or pathogenic bacteria in water, food supply, or environment and control or eliminate sources of pollution or contagion
- Develop, implement, and administer programs for conservation and management of forests
- Prevention and suppression of forest, brush and grassland fires
- Collect and analyze data and assess environmental conditions/pollution
- May supervise employees performing similar work
Requires a Bachelor degree in biological or wildlife specialties, agricultural economics, marketing, chemistry, natural or physical science, food science or technology, cereal chemistry, forestry, horticulture, geology, microbiology, or a closely related field; and licensure, registration or certification as required by law.
Exception: The employing institution may substitute directly related work experience or education for minimum qualification requirements with written justification.