JOB FAMILY: 5110
OVERTIME PAY ELIGIBILITY: Usually non-exempt (exempt status requires analysis documentation)
EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/99
Scope of Work:
Individuals assigned to positions in this job family receive and disburse money and/or process credit card transactions in commercial establishments, using adding machines, cash registers, change makers, and computerized point-of-sale systems.
Examples of Duties:
- Receive, unpack, and store goods or supplies in proper storage place; check for damages or spoilage
- Issue supplies from storeroom on approval; requisition for institutional or department use; deliver supplies as required
- Assemble, pack, and transport or arrange for transporting stored goods or materials; load and unload supplies as required
- Take or assist in taking physical inventory of stores as required
- Complete receiving and shipping records
- Operate materials handling equipment such as hand trucks, dollies, and scales
- Serve as hostess or checker
- Operate scanner or bar code readers
- Balance cash drawer, receive payments from customers
- Stock/order products, price merchandise, complete inventory
- May operate computer to maintain inventory and other records
Minimum Qualifications to Enter Family:
Requires high school diploma or GED.
Exception: The employing institution may substitute directly related work experience or education for minimum qualification requirements with written justification.
Note: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned to any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.