The ND Scholars Award provides merit-based, full-tuition scholarships to qualifying North Dakota high school graduates who choose to stay in North Dakota to earn a first bachelor’s degree.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- High school students who score at or above the ninety-fifth percentile among those who took the ACT or SAT prior to July 1st in the calendar year preceding the individual’s enrollment in college, will be considered for the award.
- Students will be awarded in descending rank order, based on test scores, until available funds are expended or until the pool of applicants has been exhausted.
- Funding is limited and therefore, not all students in the top 95th percentile will receive the award.
Amount of the Award
- The amount of the scholarship is equal to the regular undergraduate tuition rate charged at the scholar’s institution, not to exceed the highest regular resident undergraduate tuition rate in the North Dakota University System.
- Scholars may receive the award for no more than eight semesters or twelve quarters of full-time undergraduate enrollment, or until the attainment of a baccalaureate degree, whichever occurs first.
- Students may use the award at the state’s public, tribal or private institutions, provided the colleges have programs of study of at least 2 years in length.
How to Apply
- Take the ACT or SAT Assessment prior to July 1 in the calendar year preceding the student’s full-time enrollment in college.
- No separate application is needed.
- Students will be notified in their senior year of high school if selected for the award.
If you have questions, please contact the NDUS at email@example.com or 701-328-2964.