This program provides merit-based, full-tuition scholarships to qualifying North Dakota high school graduates who choose to stay in North Dakota to earn a first bachelor’s degree.
- Eligibility and Qualifications:
- High school students who score at or above the ninety-fifth percentile among those who took the ACT prior to July 1st in the calendar year preceding the individual’s enrollment in college will be considered for the award.
- Students will be awarded in descending rank order, based on ACT composite and test scores, until available funds are expended or until the pool of applicants has been exhausted. Funding is limited and therefore, not all students in the top 95th percentile will receive the award.
- Amount of the Award:
- The amount of the scholarship is equal to the regular undergraduate tuition rate charged at the scholar’s institution, not to exceed the highest regular resident undergraduate tuition rate in the North Dakota University System.
- Scholars may receive the award for no more than eight semesters or twelve quarters of full-time enrollment, or until the attainment of a baccalaureate degree, whichever occurs first.
- Students may use the award at the state’s public, private or tribal colleges that have programs of study of at least 2 years in length.
- Funding is limited and therefore, not all students in the top 95th percentile will receive an award.
- How to apply:
- Take the ACT Assessment prior to July 1 in the calendar year preceding the student’s full-time enrollment in college.
- NDUS receives ACT test scores directly from ACT, Inc. each year. No separate application is needed, and students are not required to send in ACT test scores.
If you have questions, please contact the NDUS at email@example.com or 701-328-2964.